This chart is for those trying to "adjust" their body pH. The pH scale is from 0 to 14, with numbers below 7 acidic (low on oxygen) and numbers above 7 alkaline. This chart is intended only as a general guide to alkalizing and acidifying foods.
- Alfalfa, Barley Grass, Beets, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery, Chard Greens, Chlorella, Collard Greens, Cucumber, Dandelions, Dulce, Edible Flowers, Eggplant, Fermented Veggies, Garlic, Green Beans, Green Peas, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Nightshade Veggies, Onions, Parsnips (high glycemic), Peas, Peppers, Pumpkin, Radishes, Rutabaga, Sea Veggies, Spinach (green), Spirulina, Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Watercress, Wheat Grass, Wild Greens
ALKALIZING ORIENTAL VEGETABLES:
- Maitake, Daikon, Dandelion Root, Shitake, Kombu, Reishi, Nori, Umeboshi, Wakame.
- Apple, Apricot, Avocado, Banana (high glycemic), Berries, Blackberries, Cantaloupe, Cherries (sour),Coconut (fresh), Currants, Dates (dried), Figs (dried), Grapes, Grapefruit, Honeydew Melon, Lemon, Lime, Muskmelons, Nectarine, Orange, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Raisins, Raspberries, Rhubarb, Strawberries, Tangerine, Tomato, Tropical Fruits, Umeboshi Plums, Watermelon.
- Almonds, Chestnuts, Millet, Tempeh (fermented), Tofu (fermented), Whey Protein Powder.
ALKALIZING SPICES & SEASONINGS
- Cinnamon, Curry, Ginger, Mustard, Chili Pepper, Sea Salt, Miso, Tamari, All Herbs
- Apple Cider Vinegar, Bee Pollen, Lecithin Granules, Molasses (blackstrap), Probiotic Cultures, Soured Dairy Products, Green Juices, Veggie Juices, Fresh Fruit Juice, Mineral Water, Alkaline Antioxidant Water.
- Cesium: pH 14
- Potassium: pH 14
- Sodium: pH 14
- Calcium: pH 12
- Magnesium: pH 9
- Corn, Lentils, Olives, Winter Squash
- Blueberries, Canned or Glazed Fruits, Cranberries, Currants, Plums**, Prunes**
ACIDIFYING GRAINS, GRAIN PRODUCTS
- Amaranth, Barley, Bran (wheat), Bran (oat), Corn, Cornstarch, Hemp Seed Flour, Kamut, Oats (rolled), Oatmeal, Quinoa, Rice (all), Rice Cakes, Rye, Spelt, Wheat, Wheat Germ, Noodles, Macaroni, Spaghetti, Bread, Crackers (soda), Flour (white), Flour (wheat)
ACIDIFYING BEANS & LEGUMES
- Black Beans, Chick Peas, Green Peas, Kidney Beans, Lentils, Pinto Beans, Red Beans, Soy Beans, Soy Milk, White Beans, Rice Milk, Almond Milk
- Butter, Cheese, Cheese (Processed), Ice Cream, Ice Milk
ACIDIFYING NUTS & BUTTERS
Cashews, Legumes, Peanuts, Peanut Butter, Pecans, Tahini, Walnuts
ACIDIFYING ANIMAL PROTEIN
Bacon, Beef, Carp, Clams, Cod, Corned Beef, Fish, Haddock, Lamb, Lobster, Mussels, Organ Meats, Oyster, Pike, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon, Sardines, Sausage, Scallops, Shrimp, Scallops, Shellfish, Tuna, Turkey, Veal, Venison
ACIDIFYING FATS & OILS
- Avocado Oil, Butter, Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Flax Oil, Lard, Olive Oil, Safflower Oil, Sesame Oil, Sunflower Oil
- Carob, Sugar, Corn Syrup
- Beer, Spirits, Hard Liquor, Wine
ACIDIFYING OTHER FOODS
- Catsup, Cocoa, Coffee, Vinegar, Mustard, Pepper, Soft Drinks
ACIDIFYING DRUGS & CHEMICALS
- Aspirin, Chemicals, Drugs (Medicinal), Drugs (Psychedelic, Recreational), Pesticides, Herbicides, Tobacco
ACIDIFYING JUNK FOOD
- Coca‐Cola: pH 2
- Beer: pH 2.5
- Coffee: pH 4
- Asparagus, Brazil Nuts, Brussel Sprouts, Buckwheat, Chicken, Corn, Cottage Cheese, Eggs, Flax Seeds, Green Tea, Herbal Tea, Honey, Kombucha, Lima Beans, Maple Syrup, Milk, Nuts, Organic Milk (unpasteurized), Potatoes (white), Pumpkin Seeds, Sauerkraut, Soy Products, Sprouted Seeds, Squashes, Sunflower Seeds, Yogurt.